Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services-including servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, and intelligence-over the internet to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale. You typically pay only for cloud services you use, helping lower your operating costs, run your infrastructure more efficiently and scale as your business needs change.
Cloud Computing Security is also known as Cloud Security. Cloud computing security refers to a broad set of policies, technologies, applications, and controls utilized to protect virtualized IP, data, applications, services, and the associated infrastructure of cloud computing.
Cloud security is a key concern for cloud storage providers. They not only must satisfy their customers; they also must follow certain regulatory requirements for storing sensitive data such as credit card numbers and health information.
To maximize cloud storage security, it’s best to combine the features of these various approaches. Before uploading data to the cloud; first, encrypt it using your own encryption software. Then upload the encoded file to the cloud.
Cloud Security Challenges:
- DDoS Attacks
- Data Breaches
- Data loss or leakage
- Insecure access points
- Malicious insiders
- Account or service hijacking
Prevent Cloud Computing Security:
- Secure a data backup plan.
- Who has access to the data
- Allows for data and text to be transformed using encryption algorithms and is then placed on a storage cloud.
- Files are zipped and encrypted with passwords.
- Certifying a cloud application is only the beginning. Make sure you have the right cloud application governance process in place to ensure compliance with internal and external data privacy mandates. Train your information workers and enforce usage policies, conduct periodic health checks and risk assessments, and stay alert to the ever-changing security landscape.
- Data should be classified based on sensitivity and the correct data security techniques need to be applied to each class of data.
To know more about Cybersecurity information, kindly visit TheWebOrion