- Definition Security
- Security Features
- Concept of Cyberspace, Cybercrime, Cybersecurity
After reading this you will have better knowledge of security related stuff.
What is Security?
– According to the two small boys security means security guards protecting some things which are precious for the persons who have hired that security guard.
– Security According to Junior High School ICT teacher is computer related security
Now the question is what is security?
Security meaning cannot be explained by definition because there is no clear-cut information about it. Security is a process, not an end state. Security is the process of maintaining an acceptable level of perceived risk. No organization can be considered “secure” for any time beyond the last verification of adherence to its security policy.
To understand the security we have some knowledge about the features of security.
There is three feature of security.
These three features combine and give the shape to the word “security”.
Confidentiality is roughly equivalent to privacy. Measures were undertaken to ensure confidentiality is designed to prevent sensitive information from reaching the wrong people while making sure that the right people can, in fact, get it. Assurance that information is shared only with authorized persons or organizations.
In information security, data integrity means maintaining and assuring the accuracy and consistency of data over its entire life-cycle. Assurance that the information is authentic and complete.
Assurance that the systems responsible for delivering, storing and processing information are accessible when needed, by those who need them. Availability of information refers to ensuring that authorized parties are able to access the information when needed.
Concept of Cyberspace
Cyberspace is “the environment in which communication over computer networks occurs. “ And almost everybody in one way or the other is connected to it.
- Peoples in the market are connected to run their businesses online on an e-commerce website.
- Peoples in the world are connected to Facebook to make new friends.
- Photographers are connected on Instagram for sharing the work and ideas.
- On a more serious note Lawmakers, Judiciary, Government are connected.
- Military, Police station is connected to National Security
- And anyone or the other ways the people are connected using internet comes under cyberspace.
Concept of Cybercrime
Computer crime, or cybercrime, is any crime that involves a computer and a network. The computer may have been used in the commission of a crime, or it may be the target.
Commonwealth Bank, Australia -March 2011:-Automatic teller machines (ATMs) spat out tens of thousands of free dollars in Sydney Tuesday after a computer glitch turned into a nightmare for the Commonwealth Bank. IT Security Believe that it is a consequence of hacking.
Concept of Cybersecurity
The state of being protected against the criminal or unauthorized use of electronic data or the measures are taken to achieve this. ‘Some people have argued that the threat to cybersecurity has been somewhat inflated’